What shouts “spring” louder than delicate, sweet pastels? Pale shades were all over the runways for this season, and many women are thrilled that ladylike and feminine colors are back in. But if you plunge head-first into this trend, you run the risk of looking washed out or overly sweet and girlish. And some women shy away from pale colors because of their hair and skin tones. Well, never fear ladies, because there are lots of ways to wear pastels and I guarantee that you can find a way to do it that suits your looks and your sense of style.
- All-black accessories with a pastel outfit are surprising; they make a naturally feminine outfit look edgier.
- Neutral clothing – cream, camel, dark denim – pair beautifully with pastel items, keeping them sophisticated or professional according to your needs.
- Metallic accessories are the perfect way to glam up a spring outfit. If you’re not sure about that candy-colored party dress, try pairing it with gold sandals and a sparkly necklace.
- If you love the colors but floral fabrics are just so-not-you, keep an eye out for colorblocked pieces (another hot trend this season) or modern/graphic type prints.
- When all else fails and you just can’t seem to pull off the all-pastel outfit you’re dreaming of, indulge your taste for light hues by accessorizing. A special scarf, belt, or headband may give you the feminine boost you crave.